Not sure if there is a zoo inside Googleplex! From the kind of updates coming from Google it appears that there is a big animal kingdom inside. (no pun intended)
Two major updates from Google of recent times, Panda and Penguin have affected the SERP immensely. Webmasters and marketers are not even in a position to anticipate what is there in store for them.
However, things are not that much scary in reality. If a webmaster works on off-page and on-page factors with equal concentration and follow totally ethical and white hat strategies, you can remain unaffected.
Below are a few on-page check points to keep your website search engine friendly.
- You website must have optimized and meaningful Meta tags
- Keyword placement inside page content has to be done properly
- Image optimization should not be neglected – alt tag and file name should contain meaningful terms and keywords
- Internal linking & the navigation have to be implemented in a user-friendly way
- 301 redirections must be set in case the URL of a page is changed
- HTML validation should be done
- Optimize CSS – remove unnecessary codes from the page source
- Follow the correct xml site map syntax
- Robots.txt is the major factor for a site that determines whether the site gets visibility in search engine or not. So, follow the instructions properly in robots file.
- Add blog and RSS for to add value to your on-page work.
Now if your domain is ready with the above mentioned points then start working on the off-page factors. As justifying the title of the post we can say that some more surprises are yet to come from Google in the next updates.
Here are some handy & useful tips to stay safe from all these Google updates. If you contact Simple SEO Group or any reliable SEO community, they would recommend you following steps.
- Post informative & knowledge based content with a standard size on other websites and write a byline about your or your website.
- Make sure to contribute articles only to relevant websites.
- Update websites on a regular basis, so that visitors won’t get bored.
- Increase the activity socially; use social networking sites for promoting your website.
- Stay connected with the people relevant to your field.
- Diversify link text as much as possible
- Use different key phrases while linking like Click here, View it, For more info. etc.
- Use long tail key phrases in link text – they are easy to rank.
- Increase inter-linking so that your full content will get a boost.
- Try to engage users by offering an interactive platform on the website.
If I have missed any points then share it in the comment section; looking forward to hear from you!